Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 New Special Filmography2 field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DLT
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  17:56:39  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

I have updated XMM to 7.0.2.9 but cannot find that Filmography2 field on HTML card nor the link to Filmography of Actor. Youtube clip shows this new feature but I can't locate them. Any help?

Thank you.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  18:33:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This field is, at this time, only visible in the Edit Window.

XMM use it for create the "intelligent links" to movies of an actor in the HTML Card. Should not be edited manually but only with scripts.

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

DLT
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  20:27:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thank you for quick reply.
Sorry but I've missed something!? Into ActorCard appear:

General Information
Actor Information

Movies in Database

Filmography

Work

Biography Filmography
BIOGRAPHY
.................... .................................
.................... .................................

Comments Awards

Nothing else. The field Filmography2 isn't visible in the Edit Window and that "intelligent links" I guess must appear between Filmography and Work. Youtube clip shows FilmographyCard 1.0. I have reproduced exactly the steps from Youtube clip and don't appear nothing similar to presentation clip. The field Filmography is empty (1st field Filmography after Movies in Database).

Can you be more explicit?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  00:10:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You have to import actor's data at first by IMDB (Actors) script (or by IMDB script, the 2 new that were released today/yesterday) then you will see Filmography2.
Three things for Alessio:
1. Why not automatic adding of film infos (as IMDB address should be provided with Filmography2 info)
2. There is missing a hint that film was added to DB... a second click will add the same film a second time
3. Field is visible in actor's HTML Card... Isn't that duplicate as normal filmography is still visible?

I haven't tested this new routine only once (to answer this question) but seems a really good idea by Alessio :)

JDommi

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 30 May 2009 00:13:12
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  07:09:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

Sorry, the video is not so clear as expected.

The Filmography2 is a special field like the Actors field in movies. It containt the name of the movie, the link, and the script to use to donwload information.

At this time only IMDB(Complete) and IMDB for actors are able to use this new field.

When you use IMDB Complete, it saves not only the actor's name and pictures, but also the info about filmography2 field.

For your "old" collection, to use this new feature, you have to import your actors with the latest IMDB Script.

If you do this, XMM will correctly save the Filmoraphy2 field and you will have "links" to movies.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  07:12:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi,

1) Because maybe people want add all info later, and not one by one. With this procedure people can add all movies into database, the select it and press "Update from internet" once.

2) Yes, there is no limitation about this, I haven't think yet to a procedure to stop the user

3) Yes, absolutely. In future releases, if the filmography2 contains data, the Filmography field will not contain data.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  08:59:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great, Ale :)

To No.1: Maybe an option switch for auto completing on this function?

To No.3: Haven't got the time so far to check the script... Is the only difference between Filmography 1 and 2 the link or are there any limitation/regulations to comply?

JDommi

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  09:08:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When you import info, the Filmography2 must have this structure (directly from IMDB Complete Script):

#STRING#=#11#=#03# (#05#)§#04#§IMDB.COM (Complete).txt

#ADDFILMOGRAPHY#=#11# #ONERROR#=*ASK*

Where #03# (#05) string contains the title and Year, then there is the § separator.

The #04# contains the DIRECTLINK to the film.

There is again the § for separate the Strings

The last string is the Script that engine must use to download the information.

You will have such kind of data for every movie of the actor:

Killing Pablo (details only on IMDbPro)§http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284236/§IMDB.COM (Fastest).txt

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  10:05:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, and what about additional info like the character or (for filmcrew) if the star was actor, director, producer...
I meant, if we are able to add these info to replace whole Filmography 1?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  11:05:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You mean that you want specify, for every movie in the filmography, if it was the director, the actor, the producer and so on...?

This maybe can be done already by script, we have to just modify it.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  11:38:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I know, Ale.
I asked it only because of the difference between both filmography parts and where to store in the string with the paragraph separators.
TITLE (YEAR)§LINK§SCRIPT + §[DIRECTOR|ACTOR|...]§CHARACTER§ANY_OTHER_INFO - This way?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  14:27:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, we can arrange a similar thing... I will work on it.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

DLT
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  20:53:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Danke JDommi für Ihre Hilfe.
Grazie Alessio per aiuto.

Now, with 7.0.3.0, all is OK and work fine. Only a small thing on old Filmography1 field: it shows _ACTOR_FILMOGRAPHY_ without any info.

Regards
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2009 :  07:39:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes... damn... I have forget that...

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07