Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Suggestion on how to import from others managers..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  16:24:08  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi to All,

With the new release 6.5.5.0 you can import movie collection from other managers.

DVD Profiler

There are two ways:

1) Export the database of DVD Profile in XML, then import it inside XMM with the Import from XML function

2) Import the DVD Profiler database inside "All My Movies" manager, then import the database inside XMM with the appropriate function to import databases from "All my movies"

Collectorz Movie Collector

There are two ways like DVD Profiler:

1) Export the database in XML, then import it inside XMM with the Import from XML function. This function seem to work correctly without problems.

2) Import the DVD Profiler database inside "All My Movies" manager, then import the database inside XMM with the appropriate function to import databases from "All my movies"

Ant Movie Catalog

1) Export the database in XML, then import it inside XMM with the Import from XML function
(If import doesn't work probably there are wrong characters inside XML. Please write me an email, I will convert it)

My Movies 2

1) Export the database in XML, then import it inside XMM with the Import from XML function

All My Movies

1) Just use the import function, that will read directly the database of All My Movies (If you cannot open it, just rename to .MDB)

In every case, I suggest you to import the Movie Titles, than make a Mass Import from internet, to better download all information from your preferred website.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2008 :  19:03:58  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

one additional suggestion for DVD Profiler import:
There is a csv export plugin available (http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=162071)with which you can export your database in profiler and then import the generated csv-file into xMM

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 09 Dec 2008 19:04:46
Go to Top of Page

kuzoo
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  18:46:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How import base from Movie Label 2009?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  17:08:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Sorry, I haven't make such import yet.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2009 :  13:48:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Will the import from ant movie catalog include the pictures? Or would those have to be re-done?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2009 :  15:29:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

At this time not, but I can make the change in the next release.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2009 :  16:12:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
->Now the Import from ANT Movie will load also pictures

awesome...thanks a lot :)
Go to Top of Page

Franckie999
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  15:05:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could you see for an import from oxemis video library ? it uses vbk files ! thx and congratulations for your app
Go to Top of Page

walpurgis
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  11:59:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi,

At this time not, but I can make the change in the next release.

Alessio

Hi Alessio, I would like to switch to Extreme Movie Manager.
Is there a way to import my collection from Mediaman or I have to pass it manually?
Another question, some catalog managers like Mediamen warn that if the electricity is cut off or the system crashes one may lose the collection. Is there a solution for this with Extreme Movie Manager?
Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  12:40:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I don't know mediaman, can export XML or excel files?

If yes, please zip it and send it to me for make some test of import.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Kostos
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  07:59:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello!
I'm trying to import data from Movie Collectorz. I've a big database and importing is very importing for me. I'm using XML tools (export to xml in Movie Collector and import in Extreme Movie manager). But unfortunately just several entries are imported correctly. Most of them cause an error. Most of the entries are in cyrilic. May be it is a reason?
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  09:15:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you ZIP and send the XML to me? I will try to see where is the error.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

henrinaiara
Starting Member

Indonesia
22 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2010 :  15:59:40  Show Profile  Visit henrinaiara's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
kostos can you share your database to me. im kinda doing some research here.. thanks

bow maker arrows german to indonesian translators
Go to Top of Page

lorac
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2010 :  00:23:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send lorac an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can XMM import from mymovies.xml?

I already have all my movies updated through Media Centre Master with an xml that contains all the movie info.

I looked for the 'import from xml' function, but couldn't find it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  10:19:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

golfleading

The clubface of discount golf clubs

The clubface insert has been designed to maximise the energy transfer across the [url=http://www.golfleading.com/]discount golf clubs[/url] clubface and rear sole ridges combine with two distinctive trapezoid shapes across the centre of the club to reduce vibration and create a fantastic impact sound ishiner.

Collectorz Movie Collector

There are two ways like DVD Profiler:

1) Export the database in XML, then import it inside XMM with the Import from XML function. This function seem to work correctly without problems.

Ant Movie Catalog

(If import doesn't work probably there are wrong characters inside XML. Please write me an email, I will convert it)

My Movies 2

All My Movies

1) Just use the import function, that will read directly the database of All My Movies (If you cannot open it, just rename to .MDB)

In every case, I suggest you to import the Movie Titles, than make a Mass Import from internet, to better download all information from your preferred website.

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

fixit001
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2010 :  16:33:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would like to know if you have made script to transfer from Mediaman yet?? I have Extreme movie Manager and am thinking of buying game manager however i dont want to spend the next month or two inserting it into a new catalog manager. mediaman is a pretty good manager or was at least now it is having a lot of problems and I am hoping you could help me out here and if so you have sold at least 1 copy of games manager:) well either way thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  04:00:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Sorry for my late reply!

I don't know Mediaman, can you export in some format (like excel, xml, txt) your collection?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

fixit001
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  10:45:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is xml code from mediaman hope a script is possible. Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  16:29:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I have got the file, I will try to convert asap.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

fixit001
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  11:50:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
cool I look forward to it with trembling hands:)
Go to Top of Page

tdceus
Starting Member

Belgium
1 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  23:29:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If I import from the "All My Movies" database (v6.4) the fields plot, synopsis or comments in eXtreme Movie Manager are not imported.

Is this a bug?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.3 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07