Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  00:57:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
dude, u don't have any idea how much programs for movie managing i've tried. It's a pure luck i found forum where one dude was recomended XMM. Advantually i found out he is my coworker lol.
So, I tried all up above and even more. Yes, some of them work really fast, and have more friendly interface, but none of them give what i want from movie actually manager. Some ppl just use it like info what they have and what dvd or something. IDK for me CD,DVD and even BR is last century. Today all new TV, dvd or br players, media players hard drive oriented. Tomorrow disk will become a history. I have 1.5k movies just on 2 hard drives. Just amaze what collection of 1.5k movies will looks like on disks? Whole ..ing room. And find movie u want to watch - crazies. And what if u not sure what u wanna see today? So back to topic XMM is best program to collecting your movies, attaching them to file and ability to play right the way AND NOW in 7.2.1.1 has more less acceptable thumbnail view (still can't find how to remove title and borders) where u can surfing for movie u want to see.
THANK U SANTA. Next christmass i want 2Tb hard drive lol
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  07:02:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really a big thank you!!!

You will see tons of new things on this year, also the GUI will be better and better...

Stay tuned!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Frag_AU
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  16:09:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had a large movie collection all over the place with friends and family wanting to see this or that and I never could show them a list...

I have spent 3 odd days getting everything in order and finally found this program to make it all work flawlessly, print a pdf list and make it easy just to choose something..

I did try another 2 proggies but they were way to simplified and to be honest yours was quite feature packed but i found the interface quite easy to use. I still get a few crashes here and there (exceptions when it runs out of resources) but thats when i do 2 things at once like create grid pdf while its importing (duh!)..

Anyway keep it up, I am very impressed how you treat your customers.. I have recommended this app to a few people =)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  18:19:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you!

You are right, there are bugs on XMM (every software has it ), but we work really hard to try to fix everything.

Stay tuned, because during 2012 there will be a lot of new thigs

Ale

Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  01:59:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio Viti, r u alone work on XMM? I know, program not big and pretty possible that one person can write it (i used to be a db programmer a lilbit) but i thought it a hole company and at least 5 programmers in it.
I actually also think that XMM is the first movie catalogizator from those i've tried. But clearly its still far from wat i would like to see in it. And interface become more complicated for me. I usually cant find functions i used to have, maybe they r missin or moved somewhere.
About famous of the program. I think it's first one. It's just not much ppl collecting movies and keep catalog for them. This thing may be usefull for selling movie shops or rent places. But for use in commercial area program has to be perfect. No bugs, absolutely user friendly and stable.
Anyway I like this project but surely would like to see it ready for good. If u wana, u can connect with me, i'll give u few advise how to make it better, organize for better use. Not for commercial, just for private user. For commercial i think u gotta do some kinda special addition which will be sharped on sell, UNIcode and stuff. Put private and commercial versions together usually leads to horrible results.
Go to Top of Page

microbi
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  15:49:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
basicly I want to see if my account still works.
I bought extreme movie manager ages ago ($10 I think...) and it said "life time" account so I hope it is ;)

//Member Since: 04 Apr 2005

Edited by - microbi on 10 Oct 2013 15:52:43
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  16:54:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Yes, but please write me a private email, I need to send you different codes for the new XMM 8

alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07