Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Transfer all Media info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bigmechax
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2023 :  05:22:10  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Jdommi

Is there any way to transfer all Movie Manager version 9.x over to Movie Manager 10.x ??

It sure is taking a long time to update the movies and tv series under Extreme Movie Manager 10.x

thanks

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2023 :  10:07:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Installing XMM 10.0.0.1 will do the trick. (Maybe the 10.0.0.2 release, too, but I'm not quite sure about.)
Then load your old database and XMM will convert it to the desired version.
After that just update to the actual release. Keep in mind that the scripts will not be the actual ones - even after the update!
Download: http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm10.0.0.1.exe

Attention:
Just as for every big change in database or program keep a backup of your working originals!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bigmechax
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2023 :  05:03:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I transferred Extreme Movie Manager version 9.xx over to Movie Manager 10.2 version and all I been doing is updating movies and tv series all by myself. By transferring it over the program isn't doing it correctly. It has no Movie or TV Icon or Movie Icon (picture) and yet has all the other media info. Anyway to fix this?

Can you take a look at my database?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2023 :  10:30:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you have used v10.0.0.1? As mentioned above I'm not sure if the automatic conversion is inbuilt in the later releases, too.
After the conversion job you can update to the latest one.
If there are missing picture files: I have made a complete backup of Release 9 and have installed Release 10 in the same directory as the old one.
In fact as I have just seen my release 10 ist still in the folder "eXtreme Movie Manager 8"

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bigmechax
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2023 :  21:46:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jdommi. I was using Version 8.0 then wrote over with version 9.0 then made another folder for version 10.x and copied over my database and folders. Still using version 10.2 but go back to the 9.0 version to find my database has changed.

Today, I tried to renumber my movies and tv series alphabetically and this always have worked (renumbering this way) in version 9 and then I got this error and now 10.2 version gets this error too.

see the screen below

[url=https://ibb.co/THtd8y5][/url]

After the renumbering by alphabetically way...I get this with my database. A few pictures below

[url=https://ibb.co/d4YVLpy][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/5rpZrH6][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/qN197qN][/url]

How can I fix the renumbering to as it is suppose to do. 1 to 5585, 5586 to ? instead of 2xxxxxxx to 6xxxxxxxx. Need to get those 2xxxxxxxx to 6xxxxxxxxx alphabetized with 1 to 5585.

thanks

Edited by - bigmechax on 18 May 2023 23:06:04
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2023 :  18:20:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Share your database to me and I will have a look at.
Just include the complete database inclusive all pics as a compressed file, please.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bigmechax
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2023 :  22:45:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jdommi.

I compressed the database file with the pictures and it came out to 2.73 gig. Mediafire won't allow me to upload that. Anywhere I can upload it to you?

Mediafire with the folder (cover) part A

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ri5idf16889k7ga/My_New_Database_1_cover_part_a.rar/file

Mediafire with the folder (cover) part B

https://www.mediafire.com/file/73jhq86at7ee82a/My New Database_1_cover part b.rar/file

Mediafire with folders and database

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xoez9tstnhmcmlf/eXtreme_Movie_Manager_10.rar/file

I hope this helps. Mediafire has a 10gig upload / storage if you use their basic and sign up.

thanks

Edited by - bigmechax on 21 May 2023 00:53:29
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2023 :  09:28:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WeTransfer offers one of the simplest and most straightforward ways to share your files. But there are a few others, too.
And it's free up to 2 GB. I think you have to split the file into 2 parts.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2023 :  09:28:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll try to repair it.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2023 :  18:05:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mail is on it's way

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fysfoglcpcp8c/XMM_Release_10

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bigmechax
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2023 :  00:49:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jdommi. I downloaded all those Rar files and I really want to know what do you want me to do? Install a new folder with version 10.x that you sent me or what specifically do you want me to do?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2023 :  07:25:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At first check if the database is now okay for you under XMM10 because I didn't have had any problems on opening and renumbering it. Also the icons were shown correctly.
quote:
By transferring it over the program isn't doing it correctly. It has no Movie or TV Icon or Movie Icon (picture) and yet has all the other media info. Anyway to fix this?

If you still have problems unpack my release in any folder and copy the database into it. Just to see if there is a problem with your installation.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

bigmechax
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2023 :  05:33:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jdommi. I downloaded those files as I said and I unzipped Extreme Movie Manager 8 zipped file and went into that directory and ran your program. It came up with up with my database and I didn't unzip the other Rar files. It ran good and I had to change the language to English and proceeded to look at the number of movies and tv series in the program. It look alphabetized with the 2xxxxxx and 6xxxxxx Movie ID (column) with all the other movies as 1 to 5565 or what ever number of movies and tv series. I then moved the Extreme Movie Manager 8 folder to my Extreme Movie Manager 10.x and it worked but my database was fine for a while so then I proceeded to delete my Extreme Movie Manager 10.x folder and copied yours over to my 10.x folder. It changed my database some what but it was all alphabetized but 1 to 5565 or 55xx. It didn't have my info as you changed my database alphabetized after I decided to unzip the database RAR file and I moved it over to my 10.x folder. It still runs but now I'm filling in some of the tv series because it is missing some info. I still have my Extreme Movie Manager 8 version (folder) and is it possible it was using both databases since I was using that one long ago and had the same database name??

thanks for what you done for me! A+
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2023 :  07:18:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Both databases at the same time? No. But maybe you have used the old database one time and the next time the other one...
Just try to copy your old XMM8 database files under another name to your XMM10 folder and try to open it.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07