Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2019 :  09:39:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Guys,

XMM 11 is under heavy development right now...

It will be completely different from all other releases. Everything has ben rewritten from scratch, from GUI to engines and so on.

The main goal of XMM 11 will be the usability, so a new clean interface, few buttons, all things automated, you will have only to enjoy your collection.

At begin only movies will be supported, TV Shows will follow later on. We are working also to build the ground base for phones and tablet apps.

For the more advanced users XMM 10 will stay there until 11 will be ready to substitute in all functions.

Stay tuned!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  07:28:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, sounds good...

I only hope that it will not be the same like release 10.
And think of the features the "more experienced" users have requested since years now.
Also, related to an easier use, are the debugger and the updater to mention. As well as different configs for the different databases.

And please don't simplify XMM too much - otherwise it will fail it's original purposes!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  20:19:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It’s will be completely different from 10 and yes, at beginning it will be focused only on the easy interface and use. Later on will arrive also the adavanced features, but I think that the average of people like more easy things instead of complicated one

Let’s see, I am always open to suggestions!

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  20:21:31  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmmm,

this twist is surprising. But I'm not sure that I really want a "completely different" program with "few buttons". Simple movie managers are ten a penny. We'll see if it can compete with xMM 9 (xMM 10 already was a step backwards).

Good luck and take all the time you need

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 01 Nov 2019 20:31:52
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2019 :  08:10:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you MAWU! I will do my best

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2019 :  10:40:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale, the most important thing is to modify the ScriptEngine to read really every site as well as from a file.
Beside that as you wanna rewrite it from scratch: use unicode components to make those replacements obsolete.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2019 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mmm, I'm looking forward seeing XMM 11. Like JDommi I hope that it won't be a dead end. Said by Mawu, hoping XMM 9 will be the base for XMM 11, support for the same features and more.

I want to see still support for adding multiple pictures for different types: actor, movie, tv show and episode.
Native 64-bit support, the 32-bit version gives memory exceptions.

Are you going still work with HTML cards in XMM 11?
If so, please use another browser component than Internet Explorer. E.g. Chromium with development tools enabled.

Besides that movie, tv-show, episode and actor information is reachable independent on which page you are.
Example: Beeing on actor page: that you can see in which movies, tv-shows and episodes the actor is performing.
On the episode page that you can go or consult the actor information.

Edit:
Forgot to mention: side-by-side support with XMM 9/10. That we can test without losing XMM 9/10.

Good luck!

Edited by - Tome on 03 Nov 2019 15:20:06
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2019 :  06:49:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Guys!

Go to Top of Page

silentpain
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2019 :  21:14:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hoffe es kommen auch änderung für die scripts das auch https seiten ausgelesen werden können für filminfo's
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  01:02:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I look forward to the new version!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  10:05:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

On the download webpage you can find the new release 11 ALPHA!

Please take a note that this is not the definitive release, and its not the BETA yet, so many features (Like TV Shows Support) are not ready yet. Also the Edit window is not there, everything is download from internet.

There is only one script available, IMDB, what you should focus the tests on is the new download engine, it should be more fast than before, and should be more responsive overall.

Thank you guys!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  19:04:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, the script seems to be quite fast - but it would be better to have the IMDB (Complete) script for testing the speed.
What about the sites that can't be loaded with the previous script engine?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  20:56:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will make scripts also for other sites when the release will be stable and ready for beta. Right now I would like to be sure that there are no big bugs or issues.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Chibuz

51 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  12:29:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After the creation of a new database and the application restart I have and endless series of error messages
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2019 :  07:38:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I will try to replicate it in a new PC.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2019 :  14:02:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Chibuz,

you should download the update, 11.0.0.2, and delete the old database you created before.

After that you should be able to run XMM without problems.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2019 :  23:27:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Release 11.0.0.2:
- XMM has to be closed (automatically) but the restart has to be done manually. And why not loading the new database directly?
- After the restart you don't have to chose the new database, okay. But when opening the old database the filename is "openFileDialog1".
- Everytime you open a new or another existing database XMM closes and you have to restart it.
- Why is opening a database hidden inside the settings?
- Searching on IMDB:
- Matrix finds only -> Matrix
- Matrix Revolutions finds -> Matrix Revolutions AND The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
- Grid <- you only can change the height of the row with the column names and not of the data rows
- the actors' pics do not always update after importing. Some do and some not
- selecting an actor does not change to the actor's card but the movie filter is set to the movies starring that actor
- after selecting People the actors of the last selected movies stay on the right and clicking on one of them produces "LoadMovies - The sequence doesn't contain any elements"
- after reselecting Movies the movie covers of the last selected actor stays on the right
- When you click on the Movie card's actors on the right the movies are filtered. How to remove that filter? At the moment you have to remover the Search field manually
- The FanArt pic is located a few pixels (about one line of text) too high. IMDB logo with rating and the cover are overlapping.
- Top left of the MovieCard there is always a value 0
- The first rating star is never highlighted

And a question:
How to check the imported data without opening the .mdb with Access? Or is the shown info the only info the script does scrape?
Btw. the MagicScript Editor is still uncomfortable...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  10:38:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you JDommi!

Just one thing about this - the actors' pics do not always update after importing. Some do and some not

The actors pictures are download separately and in background, so you will not see it immediately after a movie import but it takes some minutes to do it.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  13:03:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale, that happens sometimes even when you select an already imported movie. The Actor's pic is not shown on the movie card but when you select the actor under People then it it there.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  15:47:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you JDommi, I will take a look.

How to check the imported data without opening the .mdb with Access? Or is the shown info the only info the script does scrape?

You mean filter the movies that are not imported right? Actually I look into Webimported field (I have add it to grid)

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  17:22:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, I think of the imported data. Does the script import only the shown info or more data than the card shows at the moment?
At least there is the grid to have a look but I think there never were really all data fields available.
Same for the actors, too!

As already mentioned the speed can't be checked if the script doesn't import all available info from IMDB...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07