Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Getting an error when opening XMM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

imonline
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2018 :  20:50:13  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've updated MS Office to 2016. Now XMM gives me this error "XMM cannot connect to database. If you have 64 bit system please download the drivers from Microsoft". It then opens a webpage on Microsoft with the option of downloading a database engine (64 or 32 bits). I've tried both and I'm still getting this error.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2018 :  23:33:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think when installing 64-bit Office you have to use XMM 64-bit, too.
Try to download http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.1.4_64bit.exe
Maybe you have to alter the release to an earlier one as I don't know at the moment if the 64 bit release is a actual as the 32 bit one.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

imonline
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2018 :  01:47:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you but the link doesn't work, it gives me a "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found" error
Go to Top of Page

imonline
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2018 :  02:07:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Found a 64bit that I could download and it works.
http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.1.0_64bit.exe

Edited by - imonline on 16 Apr 2018 02:08:14
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2018 :  09:35:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

reynaldp
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2018 :  23:52:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have exactly the same problem presented at the beginning of this discusion by "imonline", but I already had to install "MS Office 2016" (with Access Database 32-bits) when I tried to install XMM9 (64bits), with your previous link:

http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.1.0_64bit.exe

I have a very large collection of series and movies, and I saw on this forum that it is advisable to install the version of XMM9 - 64 bits for a huge amount of episodes and movies titles (more 3000 Seasons, and 10 times more Episodes) that I thought I could write everything in XMM v9_32 bits.
Is this true ? : Am I forced to use XMM 64-bits version?

Because I have a problem on my PC with "Windows 10 Home_64 bits", when I try to install "XMM v9.0.1.0_64bit", XMM gives me this error :

"XMM cannot connect to database. If you have 64 bit system please download the drivers from Microsoft"."
It then opens a webpage on Microsoft with the option of downloading a database engine (64 or 32 bits)and need a password for database... I've tried both engine and I'm still getting this error.

But when I install the 32-bits XMM version (without any data), everything seems fine.

What do you suggest to me?
(1) Install XMM 32-bits or 64-bits version?
(2) How to fix the problem of 64-bits XMM version on my PC?

Thank you!
reynaldp
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2018 :  15:28:48  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@reynaldp

I think your main problem is the general limitation of the access database.
Access specifications are listed here:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/access-specifications-0cf3c66f-9cf2-4e32-9568-98c1025bb47c
And no, there will never be a sql version of xMM.
For the 64-bit version of xMM you have to install the 64-bit database engine. The 32-bit version must be deinstalled.
For the password problem there was imho a solution here in the forum. Please try to find it with the search function.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07