Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Episodes sorting not only by title
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2017 :  12:59:40  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In the Episodes' overview of a TV Show they are now sorted by title. If you have more than one season, the episodes are mixed. It would be nice to add the possibility to define a sort definition which can be stored for that window. When you reopen that edit window, that the episodes are automatically sorted in that way. In the sort defenition you can add the necessary columns like season and episode number.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2017 :  13:11:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
By holding the Ctrl-key you can select multiple columns for the sorting.
That should be stored, too.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2017 :  15:13:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi,

thanks for your input. Indeed with the CTRL-key I can add sorting columns. But the sorting columns are not stored in the database or startup settings for this window.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2017 :  17:19:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have a look if you have locked your layout before.
Unmark that option, sort your columns and restart XMM.
Now you can mark that option again.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2017 :  22:54:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That option was not marked, before. I marked and unmarked it and restarted XMM, but the sorting layout is not stored.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2017 :  07:34:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange. I have tested it yesterday as I was not sure about. For me the layout was stored.
1. Unmark Freeze Layout
2. Set the sorting columns
3. Restart XMM
4. Mark Freeze Layout

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Tome
Starting Member

Belgium
29 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2017 :  17:49:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I understand now where you change the layout of the grid. You do it via the main window shown via the tree view. I thought directly in the 'Add/Edit Episode' window via the Edit command.

In the following screenshot I tried to change the layout, but that doesn't work: https://ibb.co/cdwmGb. Here changes in the layout or sorting columns are not saved.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2017 :  20:52:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, in the edit window I didn't have checked that.
But when I have a look at my edit window it looks a little different: http://www.mediafire.com/file/trkss434n1dqetr/Episodes.jpg
I don't have the season nodes but therefor the filter is set. And here the seasons/episodes are always sorted.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.32 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07