Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 movies in folders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

warp2

87 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2017 :  01:57:48  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
All my movies went in their own folder, now they won't play. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them out?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2017 :  07:30:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, please a little bit more detailed... it's like "My car is parking in it's own garage, now it does not drive."

Were the movies added by the device scanner? Do you have changed the path to them or the filename after adding to your database? Do you have ticked to automatically update moved files on the device scanner or did you already have used the device scanner for importing on all folders again?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

warp2

87 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2017 :  14:49:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
All my movies went in their own folder...see picture, now they won't play. Use to be just files. No scanning, it just happen. I want them out of folders. No idea what happen. Movies were added with device scanner long ago as files only, no folders..
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2017 :  15:10:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think to remember that there is a function to move every movie into a folder inside XMM. Seems as if you have used that option.
When you want to have them back in one directory I would suggest to use the WindowsExplorer. Perform a search for *.* and after showing the result press ctrl+a to select all and then ctrl+x. Now return to the previous view (arrow left in your explorer) and press ctrl+v. As you already have movies in the main folder you can skip these when an warning appears. Keep in mind to tick "remeber for the whole process".

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07