Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Flashing Green (Updating Movie Button)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

music4al
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2017 :  08:08:07  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
This is extremely annoying, I only want to update movies when I feel like it and it's going to be specific not every bloody movie I have on a harddrive, how do I turn this off !!!!, or set it not to turn on when I open my database.

Edited by - music4al on 29 Jan 2017 08:08:56

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2017 :  09:48:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Magic Word is "Options"...

- Options -> MagicScript -> Update Movies/People Automatically in Background
- Options -> Device Scanner -> Start Device Scanner with XMM

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

music4al
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2017 :  08:42:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not Working...I've unchecked the "Update Movies/People Automatically in the background" and the "device scanner - start device scanner with xmm".... It still continues to flash away when I restart the database

Also the Double Click To Play Movies doesn't work when trying to play a TV Episode it just goes to the description page of the particular episode.

Too bad there isn't a play button at this point in the mix
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2017 :  10:11:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by music4al

Not Working...I've unchecked the "Update Movies/People Automatically in the background" and the "device scanner - start device scanner with xmm".... It still continues to flash away when I restart the database

The device scanner starts searching when you open your database again although it is disabled? And the Update in background sraers, too? I think you must have a gremlin in your computer that turns on these options while you are away!
What flashes away? The drive led? Or what do you mean?
Maybe you also have to untick "Auto Update Moved Files (Do not prompt it)", too.
Do you use multiple databases? XMM does not manage database specific options! ( Except with my DatabaseLoader http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15268 ).

quote:
Also the Double Click To Play Movies doesn't work when trying to play a TV Episode it just goes to the description page of the particular episode.

Too bad there isn't a play button at this point in the mix

Well, I'm happy that after a long time Ale has released a new version with some bug fixes. At least you can play the episode out of the context menu.
Anyway I will send him this behaviour by email.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

music4al
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  04:35:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This issue disappeared for a long time, now that I've updated to the latest version, it's back and annoyingly flashing again on the right next to the main title of the Movie card

Options:
Magicscript - Update Movies/People Automatically in Background is not checked (OFF)
Device Scanner - Start Device Scanner with XMM is not checked (OFF)
and Auto Update Moved Files (Do not prompt it) is also not checked (OFF)

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4637 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  08:55:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Help an old man...
What is flashing again on the right next to the main title of the Movie card? Make a screenshot, please.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07