Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 CR Problem with HTML Export
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  18:32:32  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
The 'My Collection in HTML' (HTML Export) is designed to ignore all text formatting.
However, it also ignores Carriage Returns too which is a bug.

You will notice this problem in long blocks of text such as the 'Plot' or particularly the 'Plot Synopsis', 'Goofs' and other data fields which need to display as separate paragraphs to be readable.

To show this problem switch to demo database, select the movie 'Sherlock Holmes' and edit. Make the plot blank and change the script used to 'IMDB.COM (Complete).txt|' and update. This movie will now have a movie plot and a long movie synopsis. The carriage returns display properly in the MovieCard but not in an 'My Collection in HTML' (HTML export).

What you'll get is one really long unreadable paragraph that looks like:

blah blah blah blah Plot blah blah blah Movie Synopsis:------------------ blah blah blah Movie Synopsis blah blah blah

You can manually add <BR> HTML commands directly in the plot description to add Carriage Returns yourself, but I have too many movies in the database to adjust them all.

One related problem is since both the 'Plot' and 'Plot Synopsis' share the same actual text field is there a way for a MagicScript such as 'IMDB.COM (Complete).txt|' to add a plot synopsis without first erasing the plot too? The scripts are generally designed to add data only when the field is blank. I usually modify the plot description manually so I don't want to lose these changes by replacing data. The solution might be a new script that only adds plot synopsis such as 'IMDB.COM (Plot Synopsis)' or 'WIKIPEDIA.ORG (Plot Synopsis)' However I don't anything about writing MagicScripts myself.

Edited by - alsystems on 06 Apr 2014 18:43:39

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2014 :  06:57:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It has been a month.

Fixing this display problem would help a lot in the 'My Collection in HTML' (HTML Export). It would make the long text fields readable by separating them into paragraphs the same as the original input.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2014 :  11:20:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for delay!!

I will upload the new release today with the fixed problem.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2014 :  16:21:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Alessio.

The CRs display properly in the HTML Export ('My Collection in HTML') in XMM version 8.3.1.0 and above.

This makes the long fields: 'Plot' and 'Goofs' much more readable.

It also works great on the new export fields: 'Comments', 'Trivia', 'AKAs'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07