New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2014 :  20:55:46  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Download Updated Template (2/11/2015)
http://www.ntsystemscal.com/download/emm/Custom2_02112015.zip

----------------------------
Revision History

February 20,2014:
-Original Version

March 14, 2014:
Carousel Group Display for filter pages
New Links for Movie Title, Year, Actors, Director, Play Movie, Watch Trailer, Weblink

August 4, 2014
(1) New navigation icons including "To Menu Page", "Back One Page", "Random Movie", "Previous Movie", "Next Movie"

(2) Tabbed Selection of "Plot" and "Goofs" Section

(3) Adjusted the Size of the Media Type in Video Section

(4) Added all Rating Number Icons using either "." or "," (6.8 or 6,8) depending on your country

(5) Fixed the Actor Icon Popup feature (Actor Icon displays full-sized when you hover over the image with the mouse)

September 2, 2015:
New dropdown menus for a variety of links:

Movie Title search
a) IMDB Title Search
b) AllMovie Search
c) Wikipedia Search
d) TheMovieDB Search
e) Rotten Tomatoes Search

Actor name links
a) IMDB Name Search
b) Wikipedia Search
c) Google image search (use this to quickly find a new actor image)

Movie Cover link
a) Google image search (use this to quickly find a new cover image)

----------------------------------------------------
New Description Tabs: (XMM 8.3.2.0 required)
a) Plot
b) Comments (new)
c) Trivia (new)
d) Goofs
e) Keywords (new)
f) AKAs (new)

October 15, 2014:
-A few bug fixes and now the grid view can be sorted by clicking on the column header

February 11, 2015:
Increased the Size of the Cover Image.
Moved four navigation icons to top left.
Fix display issue with Cover Image scaling that affected Chrome and Opera Browser (not Firefox)

-----------------------------------------------------
Original Download February 20, 2014:

This makes 2 new HTML Templates in only 2 days!

Mine is styled differently.
-Similar style to 'Custom' Template.
-Layout structured like a rearranged 'Default' Template.

Navigation includes: Home, Back, Previous Movie, Next Movie

-Actor Names linkable (4) (IMDB.com name search of the actor)
-Director Name linkable (IMDB.com name search of the director)
-Watch Trailer Button (link to EMM 'Trailer1' Field)
-Play Movie Button to open the play edited movies on the browser, or a player of your choice (with firefox addon)
-WebLink Button goes to EMM 'weblink' field
Star ratings (0-10) displayed both as number and graphic
Seen displayed as graphic.

I thought EMM users might find this Template useful.

Perhaps user 'Diptrot' had a better idea for the Trailer Button to instead open a Google search of the movie name & year.

-Alan

Edited by - alsystems on 14 Feb 2015 05:15:56

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2014 :  07:38:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Alan!

I will put in the next update.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2014 :  21:29:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HTML is supposed to be interactive and linked to other pages
Therefore, I've added several new links to the detail page.
(HTML code is listed below):

New in 3/14/2014 Version
_MOVIE_TITLE_ links to an IMDB.com Title Search
<a href="http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=_MOVIE_TITLE_&s=tt" target="_blank">_MOVIE_TITLE_</a>

_MOVIE_YEAR_ links to an IMDB.com Year Search
<a href="http://akas.imdb.com/search/title?count=100&release_date=_MOVIE_YEAR_,_MOVIE_YEAR_&title_type=feature,tv_movie,tv_special,mini_series" target="_blank">_MOVIE_YEAR_</a>

In both 2/20/2014 and 3/14/2014 Version
_MOVIE_ACTORP1_ links to an IMDB.com Name Search
<a href="http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=_MOVIE_ACTORD1_&s=nm" target="_blank">_MOVIE_ACTORD1_</a>

_MOVIE_DIRECTOR_ links to an IMDB.com Name Search
<a href="http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=_MOVIE_DIRECTOR_&s=nm" target="_blank">_MOVIE_DIRECTOR_</a>

Play MOVIE
<a id="playnow" href="_MOVIE_LINK1_" vod>Play MOVIE</a>

Watch TRAILER
<a id="playtrailer" href="_MOVIE_TRAILERFILE1_" target="_blank">Watch TRAILER</a>

Goto WEBLINK
<a id="weblink" href="_MOVIE_DIRECTLINK_" target="_blank">Goto WEBLINK</a>

Edited by - alsystems on 15 Mar 2014 18:16:11
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2014 :  22:00:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've also incorporated a carousel display on the filter pages. This is the method used by user 'Mathimid' in his updated 'Custom Template' 'Mathimid' is certainly skilled at javascript which I give full credit.

Carousel Group Display:

Standard Group Display
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2014 :  16:41:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you and sorry for late reply!

I will add the template to the next release.

If you have a new and update release please send to me by email.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  08:02:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've updated the Detail Page:

(1) New navigation icons including "To Menu Page", "Back One Page", "Random Movie", "Previous Movie", "Next Movie"

(2) Tabbed Selection of "Plot" and "Goofs" Section

(3) Adjusted the Size of the Media Type in Video Section

(4) Added all Rating Number Icons using either "." or "," (6.8 or 6,8) depending on your country

(5) Fixed the Actor Icon Popup feature (Actor Icon displays full-sized when you hover over the image with the mouse)

Otherwise, all the previous IMDB links are there.

Thanks to user 'Mathimid' for his 'Random Movie' Function which I've added.

Note: Set Options - My Website to:
Include People Photo = Yes
Include Fanart = No

The Dark Blue Background is more readable than Fanart Background but it's your choice.

Revised Detail Page:

Goofs Section:

Edited by - alsystems on 05 Aug 2014 08:13:29
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  00:36:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good work.
Looks like I have to think about something new. ;)
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  03:30:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Mathimid.

I was thinking of adding some additional links so I was exploring how to make a text link into a popup menu.

Then I plan to add additional links:

1) Actor name links
a) IMDB search
b) Google image search

2) Movie Cover link
a) google image search

3) Movie Title search
a) IMDB search
b) AllMovie search
c) Wikipedia search
d) TheMovieDB search
e) Rotten Tomatoes search

Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  03:52:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mathimid,

I noticed my 'Play Movie' Button works fine using either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer but not with Firefox.

Do you know of a Firefox add-on/extension that will open a movie file (avi,mp4,mkv,m4v,etc) using your default media player rather than try to open it in the browser window? I have set Media Player Classic (K-Lite) as the default.
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  14:08:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't make these links for one simple reason. I decided, that i just build links if i can reach the desired page directly and not with the detour of a search function.
Did you tried the VLC player?
These issue with the play link was the reason, because i didn't implemented it into my template. Only if the function will work on every system without the need to install additional stuff i will implement it.
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  22:03:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have loaded VLC which also doesn't doesn't directly load video files in Firefox. Maybe if I hunt enough I'll find a suitable add-on that works. I found a Firefox add-on that was supposed to add a link to the VLC playlist, but I think it only works with audio files. Even if the 'Play Movie' doesn't work for every browser, I still use it to identify (onmouseover) the exact file path of a selected movie.

As for the links, many of my movie records didn't have a working Weblink. Producing a working Weblink seems to depend on your selected default MagicScript. IMDB (complete) works but TheMovieDB did not. So having an Actor Name Search would work in this absence. I plan to add the Google Image search so I can find images for the actors without one. This is the same reason I'll add a Google Image search for movie covers: to find either a cover or one with better resolution.

I've also noticed the Random Movie function works perfectly in Firefox but not in Chrome. I believe the random number funtion must have a different syntex in Chrome. In Chrome, this function will always point to the first record only.
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  22:29:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's strange. I used a simple javascript random function. I suppose that not the script itself is the problem, but the getCookie call, so that the script didn't have the maximum value.
Yes...Tried it on Google Chrome. The cookie is blocked, so the movie forward/backward function work also not correctly. (If you click on movie back from movie "1" it tries to find movie "0" and it tries to find a movie with one number higher instead of jumping back to movie "1" when you click movie forward.)
Not my fault. ;)
But i have to fix the cover size. :)

Correction the javascript command "setCookie" does not work properly in Google Chrome. Will try to find a solution for that.

Tried now several ways to set a cookie in Google Chrome. No way. Searched for some information about that issue. It seems that Chrome doesn't support cookies from a "localhost" address. It don't allow offline websites to set cookies. It's the only browser i know with such a behavior, by the way.

Edited by - Mathimid on 11 Aug 2014 23:32:07
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  02:06:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Regarding the 'Random Movie' Function:
The reason I thought it was a problem with the Random Number Syntex is that only the 'Random Movie' does not work in Chrome. On my computer, the 'Previous Movie', 'Next Movie', 'Back One Page', 'Home' all work properly in Chrome. Since those functions use cookies, the cookies must be working.

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate on a generic i5 system. Maybe the problem with Chrome is related to the Operating System or something else?
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  04:05:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"Back One Page" is a simple history:back function and don't uses the cookie. It jumps back in the history of the browser. "Home" is a simple link to the index page. Only the next/prev. movie and the random function uses the cookie, because they need to know, how many movies are in the db and use the number of the detail pages for that functions. And the next/prev. function works not correctly on Chrome. Open the Detail_1.htm and try to go to the previous movie. It won't work. ;) To navigate between to excisting movies it works, because the script do not more than: Detail_123.htm +1 = Detail_124.htm or it does -1 but 1-1 is 0 and the Detail_0.htm doesn't exsists. For the random script it's a little more complicated. It needs to know, what's the maximum number is for the Detail_xxxx.htm files.
Chrome set no cookies for a local offline page. If you upload it to a server, it will. Cookies are normally intended for online functions and Google did not implemented that feature for offline usage. This information can be found everywhere in the web.
So i have to say...I can't fix this problem for Google Chrome users. If they upload their HTML files on a web server, it will work, but not as an offline page.

Edited by - Mathimid on 15 Aug 2014 03:03:51
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  15:38:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Regarding Random Movie Function:

The problem in Chrome is that the variable max is not set properly in the script. But XMM is a database and one of its variables is _FILTER_TOTAL_ which equals the total number of Movies. This could possibly be used in the script.
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  15:04:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The variable _FILTER_TOTAL_ is used to set the cookie. You can't handle over this variable to the detail pages without using a cookie, because this variable is only available on the filter pages. But you need that variable on the detail pages for the script. That is, what the cookie does. Chrome set's no cookie, that variable isn't there where it is needed, so the script hasn't the required amount for the max value.
Still no chance to fix this.
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2014 :  00:21:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
New Detail Page Format September 2, 2014:

New dropdown menus for a variety of links:
source is http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm
(Note: the dropdown menus are defined at the bottom of the _Detail.htm page. Just add new <li> commands to add your own)

Movie Title search
a) IMDB Title Search
b) AllMovie Search
c) Wikipedia Search
d) TheMovieDB Search
e) Rotten Tomatoes Search

Actor name links
a) IMDB Name Search
b) Wikipedia Search
c) Google image search (use this to quickly find a new actor image)

Movie Cover link
a) Google image search (use this to quickly find a new cover image)

----------------------------------------------------
New Description Tabs: (XMM 8.3.2.0 required)
a) Plot
b) Comments (new)
c) Trivia (new)
d) Goofs
e) Keywords (new)
f) AKAs (new)

Some new icons for Play Movie, Play Trailer, Goto Weblink

Thanks Alessio for adding some new HTML export fields and fixing the CR problem on long text fields like 'Plot'

-Alan

Edited by - alsystems on 03 Sep 2014 06:17:58
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2015 :  05:14:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Download Updated Template (2/11/2015)
http://www.ntsystemscal.com/download/emm/Custom2_02112015.zip

----------------------------

Changes:
Increased the Size of the Cover Image.
Moved four navigation icons to top left.
Fix display issue with Cover Image scaling that affected Chrome and Opera Browser (not Firefox)

New Method to increase Resolution of Movie Cover Images
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2015 :  08:18:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much!!

Go to Top of Page

mlashEMM
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2016 :  11:01:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is there a link or wiki on how to use this template? I am very interested in using your custom 2 template but don't know where to start. I have XMM8. Thanks for your help
Go to Top of Page

Tikka
Starting Member

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2016 :  05:15:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mlashEMM

Is there a link or wiki on how to use this template? I am very interested in using your custom 2 template but don't know where to start. I have XMM8. Thanks for your help

I would like to know this too.... using XMM9 and Opera 38.0 as browser!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.26 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07