Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 HTML Templates
 variables field values don't show in template
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rthomas
Starting Member

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  13:56:26  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I added some other variables besides the ones already in a custom html template eg._movie_codec _movie_resolution_ _movie_bitrate _movie_FPS _movie_filesize_ etc The field values are filled but nevertheless these values don't get filled in the template. Could this be a bug? or do I need to add a script for this to work?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  14:07:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Are you speaking about the HTMLCard or about the HTML export?
In the card they should work. For the export I think that some variables are not implemented. But I'm not quite sure.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

rthomas
Starting Member

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  21:41:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Are you speaking about the HTMLCard or about the HTML export?
In the card they should work. For the export I think that some variables are not implemented. But I'm not quite sure.

Not HTML Card but HTML export by My Devices- My Collection in HTML
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  21:57:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then I have to pass the question to somebody else. I never have used the export function.
On the old wiki there is a list DB2HTML, that's the only info I have about... http://xmm.a.wiki-site.com/index.php/MovieCards

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Knocky
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2014 :  16:03:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!
I just ran over the same problem while creating my private HTML-Export template. None of these values is working:
- Catalog No. (_MOVIE_CDBOXID_)
- Personal rating (_MOVIE_PERSONALRATING_)
- Country (_MOVIE_COUNTRY_)
- Language (_MOVIE_LANGUAGEENCODED_)
- MPAA (_MOVIE_MPAA_)
... and a lot more

Do I have to define the fields that I want to export somewhere?
I couldn't find it :-(

Thanks for your help,
Knocky
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2014 :  18:42:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
See the link above. Not all fields are prepared to export!
And the definitions are hardcoded means that only Ale can add additional export variables.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Knocky
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2014 :  19:18:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi,

thanks for your quick answer. Yes, I had read your post containing the link. Most of the fields I'd like to use do appear on that list. But when I insert them into the _detail.html-file, I only get e.g. _MOVIE_CDBOXID_ instead of the Catalog no...

Greets,
Knocky
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2014 :  20:16:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe Mathimid or alsystems can help you on that.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2014 :  22:06:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Not all fields are prepared to export!
And the definitions are hardcoded means that only Ale can add additional export variables.

Here is a list of the actual fields that can be currently used in a HTML Export:
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12657

JDommi is right that this list is hardcoded in the database and only Ale can add more. Ask Ale to add some more fields is all that can be done.

Edited by - alsystems on 29 Apr 2014 22:07:48
Go to Top of Page

Knocky
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2014 :  11:09:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi alsystems,

thanks for your answer & help! Yeah, it would be great to have a couple of fields added. I spent about two weeks now to make a completely new database with all my movies using v8 iso. v7 ... as well to combine/modify/translate & add elements from/to different html-templates for a personal template that fits to my Smart-TV!

Currently I am missing the following fields:
_MOVIE_CDBOXID_
_MOVIE_ORIGINALTITLE_
_MOVIE_PERSONALRATING_
_MOVIE_BACKCOVER_ (I added a toggle function to change between front/back thumb)
_MOVIE_KEYWORDS (??? last line from the details section)
_MOVIE_AUDIO_
_MOVIE_COUNTRY_
_MOVIE_LANGUAGEENCODED_
_MOVIE_MPAA_
_MOVIE_ACTORD5_ ... 4 main actors is strange number ;-)
_MOVIE_PRODUCER_
_MOVIE_WRITER_
_MOVIE_MUSIC_

Does Ale read that in here or do I have to send him an eMail?
Thanks & greets,
Knocky

P.S. Can you tell me where I can edit the text from the filter html-output (Rating POOR, AVERAGE, MASTERPIECE) and so on? I would like to translate them but can't find the source :-(

Edited by - Knocky on 01 May 2014 11:15:30
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2014 :  22:44:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The rating filter data field for your entire movie collection is stored in _RATING_FILTER_ displayed in either index.htm or index.html.

The separation between poor, average, good, masterpiece as well as the display category names are hardcoded in the EMM which I can not change.

The individual HTML files (Cover View) are displayed in:
Filter_RATING_POOR.htm
Filter_RATING_AVERAGE.htm
Filter_RATING_GOOD.htm
Filter_RATING_MASTERPIECE.htm

The individual HTML files (Grid View) are displayed in:
Filter_RATING_POOR.html
Filter_RATING_AVERAGE.html
Filter_RATING_GOOD.html
Filter_RATING_MASTERPIECE.html

The regular rating data field for one movie displayed in the Detail Page HTML is _MOVIE_RATING_

I don't know much about the internal database structure itself.
What database and version were you using to directly modify EMM? I assume it is some version of MS Access.

What type of smart TV have you made your template for? I have almost new Panasonic Smart TV. I suppose I could put the entire HTML Export on a Flashdrive and plug it directly in the TV. Did you do something else?

Edited by - alsystems on 01 May 2014 22:51:39
Go to Top of Page

Knocky
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2014 :  20:57:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your hint, Alsystems :-)
I gonna have a look when I'm back home.

Yes, you are right. I'm using the lastest V8-update and did a big clean-up (especially in the actor's section) with MS Access.

I run a combination of a Samsung 3D Smart TV and an Buffalo TeraStation in a wired gigabit network ... so all my HTML-export together with the movie trailers are on that NAS.

Greets,
Knocky
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2014 :  07:37:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys and sorry for delay!

I will try to add these new fields asap.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Knocky
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2014 :  09:29:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Alessio! That would be great!
Greets,
Knocky
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2014 :  21:54:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It would be appreciated to have some more field usable in the HTML export.

Thanks Ale.

Please don't forget the ones I mentioned in a previous post on April 19:
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12540

-Video Features
-Subtitles
-Comments
-Trivia
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4635 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2014 :  09:10:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why not making a real job of it? All card variables as export variables? Everything other than this would be kids' stuff (imho).

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2014 :  17:18:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Agreed. This would open up completely new possibilities.
Go to Top of Page

Fendetestas
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2014 :  01:52:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And it would be great if the thumbnail size in the template was bigger so that it won't pixelate.
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2014 :  14:03:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I also would like either bigger thumbnails or preferably the ability to select the size. I pointed this out in March 15, 2014
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12185

quote:
Originally posted by Fendetestas

And it would be great if the thumbnail size in the template was bigger so that it won't pixelate.

Edited by - alsystems on 07 May 2014 14:04:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07