Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 IMDB localization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2013 :  15:31:21  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Not sure this is something which can be controlled from within XMM but when using IMDB to find a movie the direct links that are returned already display movie titles in local language, before the actual import even if you change IMDB preference to 'original title' if you have registered an IMDB account.

The strange thing is that akas.imdb.com is not even supposed to return localized titles, but yet it does when using XMM7 or XMM8. It does not if you directly browse to IMDB with your fav browser, provided the preference is correctly set for the site.

Example: search 'The adventures of Tintin' from 2011
will never return the English title if you live in the Netherlands. Instead you will get "De avonturen van Kuifje: Het geheim van de eenhoorn"
for Italians that would be : "Le avventure di Tintin - Il segreto dell'Unicorno"

Edited by - Sciolto on 09 Apr 2013 15:32:12

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2013 :  18:00:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately XMM and MagicScript can't use cookies (your preference setting) or javascript functions. Thats why it is impossible to control this behaviour whithin XMM for now.
Go to Top of Page

Ar4m1S
Starting Member

Argentina
2 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2013 :  00:23:37  Show Profile  Visit Ar4m1S's Homepage  Edit Reply  Send Ar4m1S an ICQ Message  Click to see Ar4m1S's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i have the same problem in Argentina. I only want to have the original title. Not the spanish title.

A fix for this? :(

La imagen no es nada.
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  18:06:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
These localized movie titles are bothering me for a long time now. I wonder whether this will ever see a solution. I am already starting to experiment with XMM's export functionality in case I need it ;)
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2013 :  09:23:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yoy can both try setting a US proxy in your options. This should work as long as the proxy is valid. But when it dies, do remember to replace it with a new one; if not, the XMM scripts won't work, and the error message is not hepful to locate the cause.
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2014 :  13:20:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried many US proxies without success. I have tried practically every possible XMM option to get English movie titles and I am getting more frustrated each day.

If someone is able to import the following title automaticlly showing the international title correctly then I will be very curious about the used settings : http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0432325/

Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2014 :  15:18:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ciao,

Appena posso faccio delle prove, scusami per il ritardo!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  20:31:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My Italian isn't very good. Are you going to test/reproduce my problem?

Edited by - Sciolto on 08 Jan 2014 20:32:23
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  21:19:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sciolto
If someone is able to import the following title automaticlly showing the international title correctly then I will be very curious about the used settings : http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0432325/

quote:
Originally posted by Sciolto

Can you please explain your workflow? Is your entry in XMM the english title or the original? And have you set the options to replace the title with the imported data?

It seems that option 11 in the IMDB Complete script "Put AKA..." doesn't work in v.8.
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  21:44:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I enter the English titles but it shouldn't really matter once the correct IMDB id/link is registered. Indeed I have set the option to replace the title with the imported title expecting that it uses the correct "Put AKA". I agree with you that this option looks broken. For a long time already :(
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  22:09:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why using a proxy? The script has to be modified a little.
On http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0432325/releaseinfo has to be searched for "World-wide (English title)".
The following title is the one you need.

By that way can it be that IMDB(complete) is still searching for the AKAs on the main page instead of /releaseinfo? I only had a quick look at the script but I didn't find this subpage containing release dates and AKAs...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 08 Jan 2014 22:10:42
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  23:46:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi, thanks for replying! I am not sure what you are suggesting. Do I need to learn scripting and fix a broken IMDB (Complete) script ? I am not familiar with scripting and was under the impression that a popular script like IMDB was fixed by people with experience as soon as a change of the IMDB site deemed such a fix necessary. The IMDB script is updated on a regular basis via the updates that XMM provides. Since I am a programmer professionally it wasn't very hard to debug the script even without scripting knowledge and I noticed that all AKA titles were loaded and available in register #17 but unfortunately the following statement did not actually store the titles in the database:

#TAKEAKASTITLES#=#17#
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  07:27:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then it's a bug in XMM itself. As said I only had a quick look at the script in notepad.
But for the title I think that change will do the trick. I hope that rocman or anybody else will have a look at.

To the script(er)s: most scripts are made by the users themselves. So it's always difficult to correct them directly in time.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  21:31:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is some strange problem with TAKEAKASITLE.
Every time I add movies, I don't get AKAS titles.
Immediately after that I reupdate movie again and AKAS titles are there.
I am not using official IMDB script. I am using script modified by me.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  23:07:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, for me that does not the trick

I think it's really time to introduce a bug tracker...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2020 :  13:00:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Original Title Import = 1
Serie AKAS Titles (CustomField 9) = 1
Put AKA to Title (Select your country!) = 11

This is what I use to get the international english title, and it is supposed to work, but it does NOT.

An irritating bug that has not been properly addressed for years now :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07