BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Maximize and Restore buttons for ALL sub-windows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
therealjoeblow Posted - 21 May 2009 : 21:26:18
Could you please add maximize and restore buttons to all of the sub-windows in the main work-space that function in the standard way they do with most software that use multiple window interfaces?

EG, when I have the default layout with Main Grid to the left, HTML Card in the middle and Picture Viewer at the right, often I want to see the Main Grid or the HTML Card larger, and have to manually resize the sub-windows each time.

It would be much simpler if you could just click the maximize button and have the HTML Card or the Main Grid fill the workspace completely overtop of whatever other windows were open, and then the same button again to have the windows restored to the previously 'tiled' size/positions (the same way Excel works when multiple workbooks are open).

Cheers
The REAL Joe
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
therealjoeblow Posted - 22 May 2009 : 22:42:00
I don't see that button or behavior as you describe.

All I see when I have the multiple panels open (when I load the "default" layout) is the 'Pin" icon, and the "X" to close the window. But the Pin button doesn't do what I was explaining, it just moves the window to a toolbar tab and makes it slide out partly over the workspace, and then disappear. This is very frustrating too, I really don't like this feature at all.

What I think would be best would be to stick to standard windows behavior that has been well established and adopted since the Win3.1 days 20 years ago. Every user is used to those and therefore every window should have a minimize, maximize/restore size, and x/close button. The "Pin" feature is not standard, and should be an optional feature, but not a replacement for the default standards.

Again, just my opinion but I find the lack of standard window controls/functions very frustrating.

Cheers,
The REAL Joe
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 May 2009 : 16:23:30
Hi,

A similar button comes out when you have the panels "attached toghether"...

If you click this button (that is in the toolbar of every panel) the effect is the one you describe.

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07