BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 New IMDB script by FreakBrother...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 09:52:30
Hi Guys,

FreakBrother has update the IMDB script with a new cool idea : insert some options directly inside the Script.

You can download the Script's pack in the main webpage.

In this topic FreakBrother will describe to you how to set options. I have in mind to integrate it in XMM in future : every script will have it's special settings, XMM will do all for you. At this time you must manually edit the script and make the choice.

Thank you FreakBrother!

Alessio
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 22 Jan 2017 : 10:18:37
Sorry, but release 7 is out of support...
The latest script (for release 9) has no problems with.
ToshiBoy Posted - 22 Jan 2017 : 08:44:06
It could not find '2012'

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1190080
Gecq Posted - 24 Jun 2007 : 19:25:25
Same happens with other titles, too. There is a problem with special characters like "accent tégu" and "accent grave". It can be bypassed by deleting the accent for the search title.
Gecq Posted - 09 Jun 2007 : 16:03:02
Import of "Indigènes"
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0444182/)
didn't work although it could be found manually.

Once I deleted the "accent", i.e. I wrote "Indigenes", it worked.

Nonetheless, this tool is great!
Alessio Viti Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 22:22:08
I have rewrited from scrach the new IMDB script (for third generation engine in XMM 5.0), I hope to release the first alpha in few weeks.

I have finish all new engines (movies, tv series and actors).

Alessio
TimC Posted - 08 Feb 2006 : 21:21:22
quote:
Originally posted by vonskee

hi,
I think that lately there were some changes at IMDb, because since, let's say, week or two I get one strange character at the beginning of each Original Title. It looks like a black rectangle and it's in fact the character of going to a new line (so called Line Break). In the XMM the Original Title is shown properly though, but while exporting it could be a problem.
I hope somebody could write a quick Script update,
TIA

Same problem, any updates coming?

vonskee Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 12:34:51
hi,
I think that lately there were some changes at IMDb, because since, let's say, week or two I get one strange character at the beginning of each Original Title. It looks like a black rectangle and it's in fact the character of going to a new line (so called Line Break). In the XMM the Original Title is shown properly though, but while exporting it could be a problem.
I hope somebody could write a quick Script update,
TIA
Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Dec 2005 : 20:26:15
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply!

I must "lock" the list of found movies until the list is loaded completely, this can be a solution

Thank you!

Alessio
vonskee Posted - 03 Dec 2005 : 22:09:15
hi,
2 things :)
1. I'm missing Alternative Titles ("Also Known As" on IMDb). I also would love to search at one time in both fields: Original Title AND Alternative Titles(s)...
I wonder if someone could add this option. I think, that in order not to change the database fields, someone could update the IMDb script to collect Original Title AND Alternative Title(s) to one field-i.e. "Custom Field 9".
What do you think about it? I think it will be very useful.

3. There is an error in script. While usually it works great, sometimes it doesn't work at all. here are examples:
-I choose movie title(s) (which ones-i'll give them in a moment)
-I choose Internet->Import Movie Information
-I choose script: [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_15_Sep_2005-By Velibor.txt
-movie titles listings('most popular maches", "exact matches" etc) correct
-I double click desired title
-I get messagebox "General script failure: Checek script line no:0"

Now when it occurs:
yesterday by movie titles: M (1931), xXx
Today I downloaded new scripts (ONLINE scripts option) and M (1931) worked fine (I ave no idea why??) but xXx still won't work (same error message).

And as this is my first post, I'll say: EMM is really fantastic tool! :D

TIA,
vonskee

Oh yes, and registration at forum:
I fill username,passwrod etc. I click "register"->i get ASP error. i try to "login once more->error: "username and email already in database. So I login and it works fine, but the ASP error should be repaired. Keep the good job.

POST EDIT:
now I have done "quick import with default script" for movie xXx and it worked fine (why??). So as it is not repeatable error i'll write that while getting this error message in messagebox, there were:
"weblink" - ok (as it should be)
"site ID" - almost all the page content (beginning with something - not with <html>) and ending with </html> and it was reaaaaally long.

POST EDIT #2
Quite strange,but I've found solution to the problem wtih that error in the MessageBox: the problem occurs only when you double click the movie (from this list with "exact matches" "popular matches" etc) before it is fully loaded. Simple. :)
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 Sep 2005 : 15:32:46
OK, I will modify and add to ONLINE Scripts.

Alessio
alincoln Posted - 22 Sep 2005 : 20:18:15
Alessio could you please adjust the script to import all actors instead only 8.

thanks
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 Sep 2005 : 13:47:42
Hi,

You must press the WWW button in the main window, this will open the "Import Engine Gateway" window, where you must select the second option, the "ONLINE" mode.

XMM will download the latest script from our server before download information for movies.

Bye!

Alessio
T0ffluss Posted - 17 Sep 2005 : 16:43:04
what do you mean? ONLINE? ... i cant find the new script anywhere :)

best regards
Richard
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Sep 2005 : 15:08:55
Hi Guys,

Finally I am come back

I have upload the new script just now, please use the ONLINE mode for download it automatically.

Bye!

Alessio
darjanp Posted - 09 Sep 2005 : 11:55:09
Hi FreakBrother.

Your IMDB script isn't working anymore. Are you planning to repair it? I guess there were some changes made at imdb.com. I really miss your script, 'cause it's the best.

Here is more:
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1197
Zbaric Posted - 21 Feb 2005 : 01:19:40
Reference moving the "THE"

Click Multi

Right click then choose select all

Right click again SELECT Title cleaning and renaming

Check "Put 'The at the beginning of the title towards the end

Click process all selected movies
djspazz Posted - 17 Feb 2005 : 23:25:18
quote:
Originally posted by djspazz

I think this might be related to the [IMDB.COM] - (Adjustable_Script-Full_Import_'Default')_FreaKBrother_06_Jan_2005.txt script... if I'm wrong then sorry in advance for posting it here.

Before when I imported a movie (The Movie) it would save as "Movie, The" now it saves as "The Movie". How do I set this back to putting The after the title? Thanks guys.

No ideas?
Steffi Posted - 07 Feb 2005 : 11:47:22
quote:
Originally posted by Bakkir

Hi,

if i import a movie with ure script, some "|" are placed in the length (e.g. "|102 min|"), comment and the award-field. is there a way to solve this ? (my guess it's a "blank" problem)

Bakkir

same here, only by the field 'lenght'
FreaKBrother Posted - 03 Feb 2005 : 09:41:22
@Hoze`
Excellent! Thanks for helping out with the script
I don't have internet access at the moment so I haven't
been able to do any work on the script

Hopefully I will be back online in the begining of next week
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Feb 2005 : 20:09:43
Thank you Hoze!!

The new script will be ready in the ONLINE mode in few minutes

Alessio