BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 64-bit release

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JDommi Posted - 16 Apr 2017 : 10:15:00
For your general information:

32-bit release: http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.0.7.exe
64-bit release: http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.0.7_64bit.exe

When a new release is provided you only have to change the download link(s) to the new version number.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 10 Jan 2022 : 07:36:37
@Kipcior

You're right, I didn't have understand you... But on that problem I can't help nor give any advice, sorry.
And yes, it's really a pity that Ale does not have the time anymore for developing XMM. I hope that XMM will work further on for a long time, too
Kipcior Posted - 09 Jan 2022 : 23:59:47
Hey,
@Mawi,

thanks for the link. It works: I was able to download 64bit version, install it and fully configure with the same db I had in my current 32bit version.

So far, everything works pretty fine (hope I'm not saying it too early :)) Anyhow, I do not have any errors, already edited several movies, used few scripts, played with photos and movie files. In all of these cases, nothing wrong happened. Morevover, I do not have anything in the debug log file, which was the case previously (meaning no exceptions or errors at least handled by the code). Also, I have not observed that it is working slower than 32bit version, maybe except initialization which takes a bit longer. So far, all is good then.

@JDommi,

not sure if you understood me well :) I do not have any source code obviously as I'm only end user of XMM. My idea behind was to 'fool' the application and only replace physical tables in access database with linked tables, named exactly and structured exactly the same way as original ones, but located in SQL Express Server. My hope was, that taking into account the fact that whole business logic is located in the application code (access db contains only tables without procedures, views, or even any foreign keys etc which was a bit of surprise), then if I replace tables with linked tables, application will still work exactly the same way as it works with physical table. Theoretically it should be like that and it's almost like that :) Unfortunately there're some additional problems which I tracked down such as: different representation of boolean value in access (-1) and mssql (1) which results in not finding a record when trying to update it. I spent some timt to investigate but then I got this 64 bit version and focused on testing it.

Best would be if during the installation of XMM, you could choose which db engine to use: local access db or maybe a different provider such as MSSQL or MySQL. But we know it's not there and will not be, at least provided by Allesio.

Anyhow, I won't be able to do anything with those procedures you provided, as I do not have access to source code of XMM and I did not plan to write my own version based on XMM db - if so, I would do it diffeerently :). Plus, if 64 bit version works fine further on, then it's good enough for me :)

Still, it's a pity that development was discontinued as at some point we might have new OS or environment, where this app might not be compatible and that will probably be the moment to say pass :(

JDommi Posted - 09 Jan 2022 : 23:18:07
@ Mawu

[thumbup]

@Kipcior

I think you have forgotten to use the update command in sql...
I have made a Borland Delphi 7 program a long time ago that uses opensql. If you are interested in I can send you the full source code.
procedure TForm1.ModifyData(table, feld, ID: string; IDNr, Inhalt: variant);
begin
    with TADOQuery.Create(Self) do
    try
      Connection := ADOConnection1;
      SQL.Text := 'UPDATE '+table+' SET '+feld+' = :Body WHERE '+ID+' = :ArtistID';
      Prepared:=true; // Vorbereiten, dann ist die Verarbeitung u.U. schneller
      Parameters.ParamByName( 'ArtistID' ).Value := IDNr;
      Parameters.ParamByName( 'Body' ).Value := Inhalt;
      ExecSQL;
    finally
      Free;
    end;
end;

procedure TForm1.AddData(table, feld: string; Inhalt: variant);
var
  tmp: string;
begin
    with TADOQuery.Create(Self) do
    try
      Connection := ADOConnection1;
      tmp:='INSERT INTO '+table+' ('+feld+')'+' VALUES ('+quotedstr(Inhalt)+')';
      SQL.Text := tmp;
      Prepared:=true;
      ExecSQL;
    finally
      Free;
    end;
end;
Mawu Posted - 09 Jan 2022 : 20:39:01
www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.1.3_64bit.exe

is working.
Kipcior Posted - 09 Jan 2022 : 19:58:12
JDommi,

thanks for the answer, however the problem is, that the link to 64 bit version you provided (which btw I already found on the forum in other topic) is not working anymore. There's IIS error stating that resource might have been removed.

I am also exploring possibility to move tables from Access to SQL Server Express by creating whole structure in SQL and replacing tables with linked tables in Access db. By definition this should be transparent for the application and in fact viewing the data works pretty fine (from the application) with movies and people tables moved to SQL, however there's still a problem with updating, despite of the fact that all primary keys were created etc. When I update linked table in Access directly (not via application), then it works fine, data in SQL is updated but from the application level - there's no error popping up and the data is updated within the current session (such as stored in memory or temporary db). but the record is not updated in SQL and adter restart it goes back to previous state. Still working on it, because I think that with this approach, the problem with db limit size of access etc. is solved and potentially memory exceptions as well. To be continued. If you have any experience with that or some information wuold be great if you share (might be offline via private message no to polute this topic).
JDommi Posted - 09 Jan 2022 : 07:56:46
I only have tested an older release 9 64-bit version and that was really slow for me...
But in general I would suggest for you:
Have a look at the releases: http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/What'sNew.txt
Then try to download the desired one from: http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.0.7_64bit.exe as example
32-bit releases are: http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.0.7.exe

Keep in mind that not every release has a 64-bit release!
Kipcior Posted - 08 Jan 2022 : 23:32:42
Hey,

does anyone has install file for XMM9 64 bit? The links from this topic does not work anymore and I cannot find installation file anywhere. Recently I started to clean up my db and refresh the data and at some point I have a lot of OutOfMemoryException errors (when cover is added or when movie file is read for codesc etc but also quite often when I open XMM is stops right at the moment when movies table is to be rendered)
Based on informatioin in the forum I wanted to check 64 bit version which potentially could work more stable with larger database (mine is 1,2 GB with 5k movies and 120k people). If anyone has the installation file or working link to it, I would appreciate. Although I know that XMM is not developped anymore but Id still prefer to keep and use my XMM9 version (10 is not opening at all while 11 is awful to be honest). But I reached the point when my patience is almost finished because of the number of excpetions and memory issues.
GraphXmaN Posted - 29 Jan 2019 : 06:45:21
This thread is old, but I would like to know why there is no 64 bit version available. What happened to it? I tried what "JDommi" suggested (When a new release is provided you only have to change the download link(s) to the new version number [64-bit release: http://www.binaryworks.it/download.asp?file=extrememm9.0.0.7_64bit.exe]), and it didn't work. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tome Posted - 23 Jul 2018 : 16:19:16
The 64-bit version of 9.0.1.4 is not available. Can it be made available by Ale?

Thanks
JDommi Posted - 21 Apr 2017 : 10:11:42
I don't know as I still use the 32-bit release.
wellwet Posted - 21 Apr 2017 : 03:09:01
64 bit still more slow?

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07