BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Device Scanner question for episode name

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eloquintet Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 16:25:38
Hello,

I discovered kind of by accident that when I scan my hard drive whatever is in the front of the filename before a hyphen is automatically popped into the title field. I am wondering if there is a file naming standard that would pop the episode name into a field?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eloquintet Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 20:31:32
Yeah I am already using the location field as a generic identifier but felt the need to to break it down further which required more than one field
JDommi Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 18:51:37
Well, there are a few Custom Fields that are still not in use where you can store the location. I think to remember that there is already existing a field for the location...

Pics and videos... unfortunately you only can provide the link to a server where you already have uploaded them.
eloquintet Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 18:32:56
I am not using the episode field to capture episode names but instead am using the catalog number field for this. It is my recollection that I once I began using the program to try to capture where files were on streaming apps such as Roku or XBMC that I found a need to be able to populate multiple records with the same episode information and I could not achieve this using the episode field. If you say that based on the file naming standard you outlined that the episode name would automatically get populated upon device scan I may have to find another field for outlining where content is located. It would be great if there were a place where users could post videos demonstrating how they have used the program because sometimes it is hard to describe in words.
JDommi Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 17:30:41
There is an option to remove phrases from the filename.
The naming standard I use myself without any problems is "SeriesName - SxxExx - EpisodeName".

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07