BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Music Manager
 Suggestions / New features
 XMuM 1.0.02 Impressions & Suggestions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mawu Posted - 30 May 2011 : 11:44:05
Hello Alessio,

just tested the new exe. Import is working now but:
- import is imho slow (in comparison to other software) and too complicated. First I have to press "Start scan" and then "Add selected". The whole import should be a one step process
- Also missing: selection of several folders at once
- A filter for cover import must be implemented. I've put the covers always into the album folder naming it like Artist - Album - Front.jpg, Artist - Album - Back.jpg and so on. Now only the back covers are imported. BTW: 3 of your 4 managers have a screenshot tab to import screenshots. The only manager where I really would need this does not have it (XMM).
- What is the tag configuration menue for?
- Many important track data are not imported: Bitrate including VBR/CBR, Codec, Format, Lenghth in an appropiate time format, BPM and many more; only few ID3-Tag Infos are imported (please see my overview in another thread)!!!!
- Also for the album stuff some additional fields like "release type" have to be added
- Treeview should be completely customizable and simpler for some view modes. For example: When you click on the album node you get the list of all allbums in the tree and a sub-node with "Artist - Album".
- An own track grid is missing that should appear when you click on an album pictures in the thumbnail view
- highly recommended: direct FreeDB support (online/offline), scanning of AudioCD, reading of the ID and direct FreeDB search

Suggestions for "release path":
For a first XMuM release it would be useful to complete all the stuff for AudioCD/vinyl management including FreeDB support. I think this can be done in a short period of time. The mp3 part needs lot of improvement and is not yet competitive - but Rome was not build in one day.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mawu Posted - 31 May 2011 : 10:37:52
Hi Alessio

quote:
Mawu, what is your suggestion for the tree structure? What do you think is the best? You have speak about Albums -> Artist ->Albums

I think the main problem is: there is no "best" tree structure, because people organize their collections in different ways.
In the concrete example I mentioned above I critisized that in the album tree their is a needless "folder" sub-node.
In general the nodes have to be fully customizable (see Helium, MEXP plugin for Winamp, Mediamonkey Magic Nodes Plugin). And as I posted it in another thread I want to see treeview features and real-time context-sensitive search as it is realized in MEXP:
http://www.oiltinman.com/downloads/misc/mexptour/
(I know a guy who manages >500000 files with this plugin and it's as quick as you see it in the video). Unfortunately this plugin is written in Delphi so that you can't use the code.

Mawu
Alessio Viti Posted - 31 May 2011 : 05:29:41
Mawu, what is your suggestion for the tree structure? What do you think is the best? You have speak about Albums -> Artist ->Albums

Do you have more suggestions? I will take a look if I can do it.

Maybe I can put albums directly inside the Artist node?

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 31 May 2011 : 05:23:10
OK, I will do that...

Thank you!
Prinz Posted - 30 May 2011 : 22:30:13
- There should also be a additional icon/button on the Card to Enqueue Last

- For Folders/Disk both Icons/Buttons should also be available and Enqueue the entire Folder/Disk
Alessio Viti Posted - 30 May 2011 : 16:22:48
Good question Mawu...

I don't know yet
Mawu Posted - 30 May 2011 : 14:39:41
quote:
The procedure is separated in 2 steps to let you change/correct the album name (for example) before import the data inside database. this is why you have to start scanning and after import to database.

My problem is: either the mp3 are already tagged accurately (then I don't need the change/correct option) or the files are not tagged at all (then it's easier to correct/add the data after the import into the database). The question is: how do you want to organize the tagging within XMuM? Import of untagged mp3 into the database and then tagging within XMuM? Or tagging as a kind of independent program module( with import into database after the tagging)?

Mawu
Alessio Viti Posted - 30 May 2011 : 13:39:15
Thank you Guys for the suggestions. I will try to modify it for make it more quicker.

The procedure is separated in 2 steps to let you change/correct the album name (for example) before import the data inside database. this is why you have to start scanning and after import to database.

Maybe I have to hide the Tag Import setup to make everything more "easy"?

Ale
Mawu Posted - 30 May 2011 : 13:11:04
@Prinz

You are right. MusicBee is quite nice and new killer application for music enthusiasts. But don't forget: it is heavily developed since 2 1/2 years. There are many programs better than XMuM at the moment: MusicBee, Mediamonkey, Helium, Winamp + MEXP-plugin. But they have one disadvantage: the lack of an efficient import engine like MagicScript.
Prinz Posted - 30 May 2011 : 12:25:26
I personally don't have many music files on my pc, but still the import is much to slow and complicated.

I'm using a freeware manager/player (MusicBee) at the moment and sorry to say: but the freeware manager wins by a mile at the moment.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07