BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 GuidaTV Forum
 Bug Reports
 Can only run with "Run as Administrator"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martin.borg Posted - 17 Sep 2008 : 22:32:51
Hi, I have switched to Vista and installed eMM... The problem is that it crashes with Message Box (titled "Microsoft Windows") saying "A problem caused th program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." On pressing "Close program", eMM closes and nothng else happens.

The workaround I found is to run it always as Administrator, but I do not like using this option for an end-user application such as eMM since this option carries security risks.

Is there a way to correct this please?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martin.borg Posted - 19 Sep 2008 : 01:40:17
But what if I want other members of my family to be allowed to run it without having to give them Administrator permissions? I think that to run an-end user application always with "Run as administrator" rather than running it normally should be a temporary solution / workaround rather than the permanent one - to me it is a flaw in an otherwise brilliant application.
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 Sep 2008 : 16:54:00
Hi,

The problem is that Vista block all process of XMM if you run it as "normal" user and not as administrator. This is why XMM cannot work without the permission.

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07