BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 New: XMM Documentation project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oliver678 Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 13:45:14

Hi

Alessio spends all his spare time in coding, answering forum posts and replying to emails. Most of you all will already know (or guess) that he has no time left for writing documentation.

With an XMM documentation project we could help Alessio (the developer) to concentrate on coding. Everybody is invited to contribute to the XMM community with writing a documentation snippet for this great software product.

After asking for permission to do so I setup a Wiki, which should meet all requirements for running a documentation project like this. I have chosen a free wiki hosting site which is based on the software (Mediawiki) which is also used by the Wikipedia community.

You will need to create a user account before being able to edit and/or create new pages in this wiki. Please keep in mind that Alessio (as the author of XMM) is allowed to use parts of this wiki's content without notice in his products.

I for myself will start with converting the scripting documentation to wiki code and make additions to it after.

Let's start to write docs

http://xmm.wiki-site.com/

Oliver
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 17 Jan 2012 : 22:33:52
Well, two voluntary assistences... I would have expected more helpers than those spammers I have to remove every day *lol*
JDommi Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 12:09:23
Hi Mawu!
That would be great
Mawu Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 12:07:34
Hi guys,

I can update script and feature requests.
JDommi Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 11:24:36
As suggestion: using http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/documentation/ as base.
So the users (although it won't be many I suppose) can participate in the doc and Ale can import the things that are missing in his own (link above).
Alessio Viti Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 07:38:05
Yes, yes, you can do that!

Thank you for your help!!
andersonjondarwin Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 05:59:49
Alessio: I want to place onto the wiki some screen capture images of parts of the XMM web site in order to illustrate navigation or to illustrate an explanation on the wiki. Since you created the web pages and all images on it, I will need your permission to take screen shots of the web pages and to post them on the wiki.

Is it OK to do that?

For example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/XMM_Main_Page.JPG
JDommi Posted - 06 Jan 2012 : 15:12:53
Thx for remembering, Prinz!
These are missing in the MagicScript Help file, too.
I will add them at the weekend - job is calling now...

Btw. feel free to join editing the wiki
Prinz Posted - 06 Jan 2012 : 14:47:52
Don't forget the images count variables for the html cards:

Moviecard:

_MOVIE_COVERCOUNT_
_MOVIE_BACKCOVERCOUNT_
_MOVIE_FANARTCOUNT_

Actorscard:

_ACTOR_COVERCOUNT_
JDommi Posted - 06 Jan 2012 : 13:04:57
Nearly finished updating.
Still to do:
- Scripts part
- Requests part
- Programmer's Guide 11-15
- Screenshot of the BoxSetCard

As I don't have any BoxSet I need a screenshot for this.
Keep in mind that all pictures should show the whole card, not splitted in sections.

Thanks in advance!
JDommi Posted - 03 Jan 2012 : 14:07:38
I have just begun to update a few things.

Already updated sections:
Programmer's Guide
1 Copyright
2 Disclaimer
3 What Is MagicScript
4 How To Use MagicScript
4.1 Script Structure
4.2 Why Block Structure?
5 First, Second and Third Script Generation
6 Constants & Variables
7 Script's Header
8 Blocks
9 Functions & Instructions
10 All Functions (Descriptions)

Just a question to the "old" authors of this article or other experienced users:
How to add jump marks without creating a content entry?
JDommi Posted - 29 Dec 2011 : 20:23:24
Any help is always appreciated
I think is was really nothing changed since a long time.
As I never have tried to edit the site I can't say much to it. And how to delete the spam?
I just have made an account but I didn't have get an confirmation email to be able for editing. But maybe you have more luck than me.

*EDIT*
Just got the mail and I have removed the spam on the first side.
The MagicScript documentation can be taken from the inbuilt manual in XMM...
andersonjondarwin Posted - 29 Dec 2011 : 17:13:28
I just found the Wiki site today.

http://xmm.a.wiki-site.com/index.php/Main_Page

I was looking at it - but I noticed a lot of what appears to be spam links added to the main page.

I also see that this forum thread is not frequently updated. Is the Wiki site still being worked on? I was wondering because I was thinking I would contribute to it. But if the Wiki site is open to all kinds of spamming then maybe I won't because I don't want to put in a lot of work and then have it trashed or deleted.

Anyway, if this thread is being monitored and if this is the right place to request access to post new content onto the XMM Wiki site, then I would like to submit that request.

Let me know if and when I can start posting onto the XMM Wiki.

Thanks.
Oliver678 Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 06:36:00

Hi Mawu

you are right, it's up and running again.

Oliver
Mawu Posted - 12 Dec 2006 : 23:28:25
Hi Olli,

are you sure? Here I have full access to the XMM-Wiki (and I was able to create some first stuff).

Bye
Mawu
Oliver678 Posted - 12 Dec 2006 : 22:50:35

Hi

I am sorry that the chosen Wiki site is currently offline since 18 hours. Even the main site www.wiki-site.com is down.

Via Google I found a cached email contact for that Wiki hosting site, hoping that I get a reply from the responsible person.

Oliver
Oliver678 Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 19:34:42

Hi

By the way: The URL of the Wiki may change in future. But it will be possible to move all additions and changes which have been made to the Wiki so far.

Oliver
Alessio Viti Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 18:38:37
Hi Mawu,

Really thank you for your help! The Wiki ideas is great, I hope that many users will contribute to it.

About forum, I really don't know why you cannot edit your posts, it's strange.

Bye!

Alessio
Mawu Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 15:38:45
Hi Olli,

great idea. If I can find some time I will try to contribute some topics like building moviecards/actorcards (with complete tag list).
As I'm not able to edit my postings in this forum any longer I would also put the script (wish) list and the big wish list to the wiki.

bye
Mawu

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07