BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 How to automatic Change Media label

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invisibleman Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 11:03:05
Dear all,

This week I got new and bigger HDD and I want to copy all the movies to the new drives. I found out that XMM can Auto Update Moved Files (Do not prompt it) will indeed change the link (in the section Add/Edit Movie - Files.

However The Description and the Media Label are not changed. As I would like to see on which media I can find the movie, I would like that to see in XMM Media Label.

Can anyone help me to automatic set the Media Label Correctly when/or after I automatic changed the movie link?

Thanks,
Hans
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invisibleman Posted - 18 Mar 2018 : 19:11:46
Hello JDommi,

I tried all;

1- Re-read Codec - Didn't work
2- Removing the datafields in Access, then re-read Codec - Didn't work
3 - I did the file MediaInfo2 - Made only 1 HDD in the Folder List (J:/) and Auto Correct Moved files - Received message no files found.

So now I don't know what to do anymore. But it is important that the MediaLabel will follow the actual drive name and now it is a mess.

As I sorted the movies also by quality (UHD, FulL HD and Semi-Full HD) seperated on new HDD's. But the media labels are still the old. And MMX has no option to modify all those in 1 time. In order to make it correct again, I need to 6000+ times delete and select file again. This is too much work.

Regards,
Hans
Invisibleman Posted - 05 Mar 2018 : 12:09:26
Hello JDommi,

Thanks for your help. I will try this. But can't do it now. As I am still busy with copy all smaller drives to the bigger drives and I for now need to have the current Media Label.

Also do I think, that this shouldn't be the way to work. for as it should be that those labels would updated automaticaly also. Or at least an option to select teh current Media label and let it then update to the new.

Also is this option, not always possible. As you have an x-amount of drives and only an x-amount of sata connections. Then when you re-read codec and some drives are not attached, XMM will clean those movie's file information as it thinks they are not exist anymore.

So XMM should fix this problem or add a command to make this possible.

But as I said, when I have copy all to the new drives I will try this, if I can do so.

Regards,
Hans
JDommi Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 20:57:37
Open the database directly with access and remove the whole column. Then Add it again.
Now a reread should work.
Invisibleman Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 18:19:52
Hello JDommi,

Re-Read Codecs doesn't do the job. It doesn't change the Media Label.

That Plugin, I now also did try. But also this doesn't change the Media Label to the correct one.

Anybody any idea, how I can change this, without going thru the files 1 by 1?

Thanks,
Hans
JDommi Posted - 04 Mar 2018 : 12:03:52
You could try to use the function "Reread Codecs" or the plugin described here: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15422

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07