BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 'TV show' card; htlm external functions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tome Posted - 07 Jan 2018 : 10:25:02
In XMM TV shows are shown in the Movie card as well. You can show how many episodes there are, the season, number and title of each one. This is the only information available when you are in the 'TV Show/Movie' card view. If you want to show an overview of the episodes with e.g. plot and the episode image that's not possible. Or I don't know how to do it.

In the cards I see some XMM functions which are called like window.external.COLLECTION_EPISODE('_EPISODE_ID_'). (Is there an overview of the existing ones and meaning, what they does?)

That function is only defined for onclick events. Doesn't return anything, it triggers XMM to show the episode detail page.

XMM generates in the install directory a temporary HTML file for the movie, episode or actor details. There is only one per type. For multiple episodes, this could be a problem when generating the overview HTML?

Maybe create extra external functions which returns the full HTML code for showing the detail of an episode? Then as extension defining a parameter which episode template you want to generate and if not given, the default one defined in the program.
In this way you can show where you want it? An idea for the HTML cards, but also for the exports?

I am not an expert in HTML. Maybe there are some restrictions...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tome Posted - 07 Jan 2018 : 19:32:24
Thanks for your input. I hope that Ale will evaluate some requests about the HTML cards. I see that more people are asking for such a feature...
Indeed it is that HTML card which I took a look at.
JDommi Posted - 07 Jan 2018 : 11:06:08
It's a long time request by me to be able to get info from any table by a simple sql "select where" command. But unfortunately Ale never has implemented such a command.
By COLLECTION_EPISODE in fact you are not able to play the episode from the episode card itself, not to mention the lack of getting any return. So - at least for the moment - forget to use these functions.
I don't know exactly which commands are used that way but I think it's only the ID for movies, episodes and people that you can reach by them to open that cards. Additionally one for PlayMovie.

When you have a look at the "movie_bigcover_episodes" card you can see that I have used javascript code to be able to show the amount of seasons/episodes and the season covers. But that's sometimes really a hard work especially as the user Prinz then has optimized all the different js functions. He has had much more skills in HTML and JavaScript that than me.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07