BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Books Manager
 Information
 copying info into each column

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
raiheller Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 08:13:59
I am totally new to library management...I was able to copy information into the title column but am unable to copy from a text file into the author column....how do I copy and paste info into each column
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 15:50:09
That's not possible.
Only way to do what you want is to open your spreadsheet with Excel and your database with Access.

Maybe another possibility could be to export your spreadsheet as csv and then import it with XBM.
For this I don't know if the csv has to have a specific order but anyway you have to export the column names, too.
As I never have tested this function I don't know if there are any problems...
raiheller Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 14:08:59
If I am in Grid View, then I am able to import books via copying from a text file...but only for titles....not for Author column, I have a pre-existing spreadsheet where I have copied my titles from..now I want to copy in the author column....as you suggest to doubleclick on author only brings up single page for edit/add...so only one at a time is able to be added....I wish to copy 43 authors into the column called author...and then further copy information into the other columns etc from my spreadsheet.....surely this is possible....Im not doing movies or comics here....but books from an existing library.
JDommi Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 10:00:30
Which column do you mean? The GridView or in the Edit Window?
Easiest way beside using a script is to doubleclick on the author (change the grid from books to people/authors) and then do the copy and paste.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07