BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 What is the benefit of using a script?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eloquintet Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 16:37:10
Hello,

I have been using this program for some time and have kind of put my data into non-conventional fields mostly because I found that I wanted to manage my file hierarchy in such a way that did not allow me to edit multiple records. However I am finding myself constantly having to maintain my data due to it being a manual process. Based on what I could see scripts were being used to acquire stuff from the internet that I didn't really care about so I am wondering what people are really using scripts for? Also, Is there some sort of a custom script builder where I could write my own rules without coding?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 19:04:25
Yes, now I understand you better.
It's really an unorthodox method you are using. 99% of the users are using the prog for reading additional info like the plot, the actors, etc.
For that the scripts are the easiest way to maintain all those information.

The most comfortable way for programming those scripts is the Debugger which is located in the plug-in folder of XMM. It has much more features than the internal MagicScript Editor. But without coding you even can't get any script.
eloquintet Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 18:22:49
I used to have my movies in excel but purchased this program mostly for it's ability to scan my hard drive for media. I use it as a means of locating media whether it be a dvd, digital copy or a copy from a streaming site from Roku/XBMC, etc. I also use it to understand where I have backups of the same movies/tv shows. My collection is so massive and growing so fast that from the beginning I decided that it is easier to manage that level of granularity in folder names (i.e. all of my Eddie Murphy movies are filed in an Eddie Murphy folder inside of Comedies). I have a cataloging system which tells me what type of file it is and where it is located based on each type. I have also found that I have a lot of obscure titles which do not appear in many online databases. I'm not sure if I have answered your questions but this is how I use the program and was just curious about how/why scripts are used.
JDommi Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 17:28:17
Well, what has the file hierarchy to do with the info?
What info do you wanna have if you don't care about the one from internet?
A script builder? What rules without coding do you think of?
When I read your topic I'm wondwering why you are using a program anyway? For pasting info you only need a text editor, Excel or Access...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07