BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 when are we finished copy-ing the internet ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gerard Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 11:24:10
Requested :XMM lite,

Just get a database containing: movie name, imdb movielink, movie rating, classification, and let the internet do the rest, instead of making buggy programs which are never finished. Saves a lot of time and disk space and would be a lot more efficient. Copying IMDB does not make sense anymore.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Dec 2012 : 07:47:09
Thank you for the Good luck...
JDommi Posted - 15 Dec 2012 : 00:35:40
No comments, but good luck to find a better program...
And let us know if you have found one!
gerard Posted - 14 Dec 2012 : 17:56:38
Calling it quits :

reasons :

1. No sync function, if movie is deleted from hard drives, it will stay forever to exist in XMM. This is a database no no.

2. All the possibilities of XMM are possibly only known to developers. It takes a long time for a user to find out, users not helped by computer, programmer, script language and guru language..

3. The program has now more radio buttons, sliding knobs, pushbutton knobs than a Boeing 747, or starship Enterprise for that matter.

4. tired of continuous updates, bugs, although the efforts of Alesio and others, are recognized.

5. The enormous size of the files on disk. XMM on this disk is now 1.92 gigs after compacting the database! Although I have only SSD drives on this computer, it takes much time to load all XMM stuff.

6. Still loading dups in database when updating. An effort was made to prevent this, but did not work properly. A database is never ever supposed to contain duplicates, nor to contain data what is not on the disk (as per point 1)
(If the double files were deleted, they would happily show up again on the next "add movies" scan again while name and directory were exactly the same.)

7. Version 8 was launched, but version 7 was still, way not, finished and trouble free.

8. I wish all good luck.
Alessio Viti Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 11:36:59
Hello Gerard,

Maybe you are right, but what if you want look to your collection in your TV, or just in a computer that is OFFLINE...

Ale
JDommi Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 11:32:47
Why do you not import only these fields if it's so inefficient to you?
Never seen the Script Options to import only special fields?
Or better take your browser, go to IMDB and type in the movie name taken from your text list. That should be lite enough...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07